To our customers and partners in the community, please know that Piper Fire is actively monitoring the ever-changing effects of COVID-19. Our customers and employees are at the forefront of our concern and we are fully committed to ensuring your safety and systems as we navigate these uncharted waters.
In response to COVID-19, we want to provide you a few updates on what Piper is doing.
Our Efforts to Keep Your System in Compliance
- Piper Fire is temporarily refining it’s services to keep properties in compliance while at the same time maintaining social distancing recommendations.
- Where fire sprinkler heads or alarm devices exist, we will temporarily not be conducting formal interior unit walkthroughs or entering occupied living spaces to visually inspect/test devices during the annual inspections. This would apply to nursing homes, ALF’s, independent living, apartments, condominiums, and residential spaces.
- Where horns/sounders are in the units, we can simply listen at the door.
- For commercial, retail, hospitality, government, places of worship and warehouse settings, we will attempt a walkthrough unless there are any customer concerns or groups of individuals that are contrary to CDC recommendations.
- Formal notations will be made on inspection reports noting entry/full walk-though was not performed due to coronavirus concerns and an inspection certification tag will be placed on the system(s) noting the same.
- Our focus will be in testing accessible alarm devices as well as sprinkler flow switches, tampers, and fire pumps as they exist so to keep properties safe and compliant during this time.
The Health and Wellbeing of Our Customers and Employees
- We are following the recommendations of the CDC for everyone’s protection.
- CDC recommendations include limiting exposure to sick individuals, frequent and proper hand washing, and monitoring for the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- We are actively engaging in social distancing to help contain the spread by transitioning employees to a work-from-home model and providing alternative communication methods for technicians in the field who would otherwise work partially in our office settings.
- Any customers who would like to bring their fire extinguisher(s) in for inspection or maintenance, please call our office at 727-581-9339 for instructions on drop-off/pick-up and payment.
Construction & Repairs
- Our job sites are fully staffed and operational
- We are:
- fully staffed to help with any repair or construction needs
- still providing our list of full services for all customers to include design, construction, service/repair, installations and inspections
- available for any and all of your fire protection and life safety needs, regular and after hours
We hope that this update reinforces our commitment to you and we thank you for your trust in Piper.
Call Piper Fire Protection at (800) 327-7604 today!
Or fill out our convenient estimate form to hear back from a representative.