Piper Fire Protection is seeking an Extinguisher Technician
Piper Fire Protection, Inc. is seeking a Fire Extinguisher Technician for both our Clearwater, FL and Sarasota, FL locations.
Currently, we have opening for a Fire Extinguisher Technician. The primary responsibilities include performing provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspecting and preventive maintenance services performed on Fire Extinguishers and Pre-engineered Fire Systems.
Will train the right candidate, route sales or service industry experience is a plus!
What Piper Expects of You:
Job Skills & Duties
- Performance of annual & semi-annual inspections and preventative maintenance services on Fire Extinguishers and Pre Engineered Systems.
- Complete electronic and/or hand written inspection reports in a timely manner
- Communicate with customers to assure any system deficiencies are promptly reported and corrected
- Help schedule and complete assigned tasks
- Document time worked and all paperwork relating to assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Become proficient at and be able to train other junior inspectors to follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule based upon State and Local fire codes.
- The ability to operate a company vehicle
- High school diploma or equivalent, any previous experience in this field a plus but not necessary.
- Candidates must possess excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Positive customer service attitude and people skills.
- Working knowledge of Fire Protection Equipment a plus
- Basic knowledge in the operation of hand and power tools
- Working knowledge of building and fire codes and the ability to discover and document deficiencies in the systems being inspected
- Computer skills a plus
- Climbing ladders and scaffold and the ability to work in excess of 40 feet from the floor
- The ability to lift 75 lbs above your head
- Standing for 8 hours
- Repetitive pulling and pushing of more than 35 lbs
- Working in temperatures that may exceed 100 degrees
- Walking in excess of 1 mile per day
What You Can Expect From Piper:
- Company provided vehicle, gas card, and cell phone to foremen level and higher employees
- Provide eligible employees with health and dental benefits
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid long term disability
- 401K with company match
- PTO time
- Paid holidays
Piper believes in creating a harmonious working relationship between all employees. We strive to provide an exciting, challenging, and rewarding workplace providing valuable experience, training and competitive compensation to all of our employees according to their effort and contribution to the success of our business.
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Piper Fire Protection, Inc. is an EEO Employer. We select people on the basis of skill, training, ability, attitude, and character without discrimination with regard to age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or a disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.