Piper Fire Protection, Inc. is seeking an Experienced NICET Level I or II Fire Sprinkler Inspector
Piper has been family owned and operated in the Tampa Bay area since 1986. In these 30 years, our success has been defined by our ability to attract, hire, and retain experienced professionals. We are seeking talented individuals who desire career growth within the fire protection industry. Coming aboard will not only offer valuable work experience, but also the opportunity to grow your education of a trade that will build a lifetime career.
Currently, we have an opening for a NICET level II Fire Sprinkler Inspector. The primary function of this position is to provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspecting and preventive maintenance services performed on a wide range of fire protection equipment by completing electronic and/or written inspections and completing preventative maintenance services on Automatic Sprinkler and Fire Alarm Systems.
What Piper Expects of You:
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in related technical or mechanical field
- NICET Level II certification
- Strong knowledge of fire alarm products, access control and CCTV concepts and products
- Positive customer service attitude and people skills
- Working knowledge of Fire Sprinkler and/or Fire Alarm Systems
- Able to work unsupervised and highly self-motivated and detail oriented
- Working knowledge of building and fire codes and the ability to discover and document deficiencies in the systems being inspected
- Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and new technologies
- Must have valid Driver License and clean DMV record
- Must pass drug screen and reference check
- Must successfully pass an employment background investigation
- Must have basic tools including hand tools
- Climbing ladders and scaffold and the ability to work in excess of 40 feet from the floor
- The ability to lift 50 lbs above your head
- Standing for 8 hours
- Repetitive pulling and pushing of more than 35 lbs
- Working in temperatures that may exceed 100 degrees
What You Can Expect From Piper:
- Company provided vehicle, gas card, and cell phone to foremen level and higher employees
- Provide eligible employees with health and dental benefits
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid long term disability
- 401K with company match
- PTO time
- Paid holidays
Piper believes in creating a harmonious working relationship between all employees. We strive to provide an exciting, challenging, and rewarding workplace providing valuable experience, training and competitive compensation to all of our employees according to their effort and contribution to the success of our business.
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Piper Fire Protection, Inc. is an EEO Employer. We select people on the basis of skill, training, ability, attitude, and character without discrimination with regard to age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or a disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.