Experienced Fire Sprinkler Fitter
Piper Fire Protection, Inc. is Seeking Experienced Fire Sprinkler Fitters
Piper has been family owned and operated in the Tampa Bay area since 1986. In over 30 years, our success has been defined by our ability to attract, hire, and retain experienced professionals. We are seeking talented individuals who desire career growth within the fire protection industry. Coming aboard will not only offer valuable work experience, but also the opportunity to grow your education of a trade that will build a lifetime career.
Currently, we have openings for Fire Sprinkler Fitters. The primary responsibilities include performing installations / modifications of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler systems in accordance with NFPA codes.
Work Environment/Job Conditions
This position requires frequent walking, standing, bending, and reaching. He/she must be able to navigate the jobsite and must comply with all company safety requirements in the office and on the jobsite. Heavy equipment may be used and he/she needs to be able to lift weighty objects.
What Piper Expects Of You:
- Minimum 2 years installation experience
- Experience with installation, service, and testing fire sprinkler systems
- Strong knowledge of fire sprinkler products, fire pumps, and standpipes
- Knowledge of NFPA 13R, NFPA 13D
- Able to work unsupervised and highly self motivated and detail oriented
- Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and new technologies
- Must have valid Driver License and clean DMV record
- Must pass drug screen and reference check
- Must successfully pass an employment background investigation
- Must have basic tools including hand tools
- Climbing ladders and scaffold and the ability to work in excess of 40 feet from the floor
- The ability to lift 75 lbs above your head
- Standing for 8 hours
- Repetitive pulling and pushing of more than 35 lbs
- Working in temperatures that may exceed 100 degrees
- Walking in excess of 1 mile per day
What You Can Expect From Piper:
- Company provided vehicle, gas card, and cell phone to foremen level and higher employees
- Provide eligible employees with health and dental benefits
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid long term disability
- 401K with company match
- PTO time
- Paid holidays
Piper believes in creating a harmonious working relationship between all employees. We strive to provide an exciting, challenging, and rewarding workplace providing valuable experience, training and competitive compensation to all of our employees according to their effort and contribution to the success of our business.
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Piper Fire Protection, Inc. is an EEO Employer. We select people on the basis of skill, training, ability, attitude, and character without discrimination with regard to age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or a disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.