Piper Fire Protection, Inc. is seeking a Shop Helper
Piper has been family owned and operated in the Tampa Bay area since 1986. In these 27 years, our success has been defined by our ability to attract, hire, and retain experienced professionals. We are seeking talented individuals who desire career growth within the fire protection industry. Coming aboard will not only offer valuable work experience, but also the opportunity to grow your education of a trade that will build a lifetime career.
Currently, we have openings for Shop Helpers. The primary responsibilities include performing general shop facilities clean-up, loading/unloading parts, equipment, and machinery, delivering parts to Journeymen Technicians in the field, and use of tools to cut material to appropriate lengths.
What Piper Expects Of You:
- Complete tasks within established time standards
- Keep current with developments in tooling, technologies, and systems
- Gain basic knowledge of fire protection parts, tools, and machinery
- Use safe working practices and required personal protective equipment at all times
- Must have valid Driver License and clean DMV record
- Must pass drug screen and reference check
- Must successfully pass an employment background investigation
- Must have basic tools including hand tools
□ Physical Factors:
- Climbing ladders and scaffold and the ability to work in excess of 40 feet from the floor
- The ability to lift 50 lbs above your head
- Standing for 8 hours
- Repetitive pulling and pushing of more than 35 lbs
- Working in temperatures that may exceed 100 degrees
- Walking in excess of 1 mile per day
What You Can Expect From Piper:
□ Our Mission:
Piper believes in creating a harmonious working relationship between all employees. We strive to provide an exciting, challenging, and rewarding workplace providing valuable experience, training and competitive compensation to all of our employees according to their effort and contribution to the success of our business.
- Company provided vehicle, gas card, and cell phone to foremen level and higher employees
- Provide eligible employees with health and dental benefits
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid long term disability
- 401K with company match
- PTO time
- Paid holidays
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered.
Piper Fire Protection, Inc. is an EEO Employer. We select people on the basis of skill, training, ability, attitude, and character without discrimination with regard to age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or a disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.