Alarm Construction Technician
Piper has been family owned and operated in the Tampa Bay area since 1986. In these 30 years, our success has been defined by our ability to attract, hire, and retain experienced professionals. We are seeking talented individuals who desire career growth within the fire protection industry. Coming aboard will not only offer valuable work experience, but also the opportunity to grow your education of a trade that will build a lifetime career.
Currently, we have an open position for an experienced Fire Alarm Technician/Installer, this is not a trainee position. The primary responsibilities are establishing fire/security alarm systems by installing equipment; running and pulling wire; programming equipment; adhere to codes, regulations and standards.
Job Skills & Duties
- Conduct testing and inspections of fire alarm systems
- Make recommendations for both system installation and services
- Troubleshoot and complete repairs with minimal supervision
- Maintain safe and secure work environment by following safe practices
- Maintain records by documenting installation, service and testing
- Interacting with clients in the field to ensure the work is being completed properly and timely
- Able to work unsupervised and highly self-motivated and detail oriented
- Must have basic tools including hand tools
- Must have valid Driver License and clean DMV record
Education and/or experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ installation experience
- Experience with installation, service, testing, troubleshooting and programming of fire alarm systems
- Strong knowledge of fire alarm products, access control and CCTV concepts and products
- Knowledge of NFPA 72, NFPA 70
- Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and new technologies
Work Environment/Job Conditions
This position requires frequent walking, standing, bending, and reaching. The position requires climbing ladders and scaffolds, as well as the ability to work in excess of 40 feet above the ground. He/she must be able to navigate the jobsite and must comply with all company safety requirements in the office and on the jobsite. Heavy equipment may be used and he/she needs to be able to lift weighty objects up to 50 lbs. above his/her head.
- Provide eligible employees with health and dental benefits
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid long term disability
- 401K with company match
- PTO time
- Paid holidays
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications and experience will be considered. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Piper Fire Protection, Inc. is an EEO Employer. We select people on the basis of skill, training, ability, attitude, and character without discrimination with regard to age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or a disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.