Piper Fire Protection is seeking an Extinguisher Technician
Piper has been family owned and operated in the Tampa Bay area since 1986. In these 30 years, our success has been defined by our ability to attract, hire, and retain experienced professionals. We are seeking talented individuals who desire career growth within the fire protection industry. Coming aboard will not only offer valuable work experience, but also the opportunity to grow your education of a trade that will build a lifetime career.
Currently, we have an open position for an entry level Extinguisher Technician. The primary responsibility is to be trained to provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspecting and preventative maintenance services performed on Fire Extinguishers and Pre-engineered Fire Systems.
Job Skills and Duties
- Assist in the performance of annual & semiannual inspections and preventative maintenance services on Fire Extinguishers and Pre Engineered Systems
- Assist in completing electronic and/or hand written inspection reports in a timely manner
- Communicate with customers to assure any system deficiencies are promptly reported and corrected
- Help scheduled and complete any assigned tasks
- Assist in documenting time worked and all paperwork relating to assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Learn and become proficient at following and maintaining a highly structured inspection schedule based upon State and Local fire codes
- Ability to operate a company vehicle
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tools
- Working knowledge of building and fire codes
- Knowledge of Fire Protection systems is a plus
Work Environment/Job Conditions
This role routinely requires the ability to life 75 lbs. above your head, standing for long hours, repetitive pulling and pushing more than 35 lbs. This position may also work in temperatures that could exceed 100 degrees. This role also requires the ability to work in heights of 40 feet from the floor.
- Provide eligible employees with health and dental benefits
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid long term disability
- 401K with company match
- PTO time
- Paid holidays
Piper Fire Protection, Inc. is an EEO Employer. We select people on the basis of skill, training, ability, attitude, and character without discrimination with regard to age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or a disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.