Identifying Fire Extinguisher Types and Classes
Fire extinguishers have always been the simplest and most recognizable form of fire suppression. They are easy to operate in the event of a fire. Simply remember the acronym PASS; Pull the pin, Aim the nozzle, Squeeze the lever, and Sweep from side to side aiming at the base of the fire.
Because there are several different types of extinguishers, choosing the right one for your environment is vital. We service all types of fire extinguishers including ABC, BC, Water, Class K, Water Mist, CO2, Halon, Halotron, Clean Guard, AFFF, Class D, and High Flow.
- Class A Fire Extinguishers: paper, wood, rubber, cloth, and plastics.
- Class B Fire Extinguishers: flammable liquids including grease, oil, gasoline, and oil based paints.
- Class C Fire Extinguishers: electrical fires.
- Class D Fire Extinguishers: industrial applications including fires fueled by flammable metals.
- Class K Fire Extinguishers: vegetable oils, animal oils, and other fats used for cooking. Used in commercial kitchens and restaurants with deep fat fryers.
For information on the required maintenance for your extinguishers, click here.
For information on the benefits of hiring Piper Fire for your extinguisher maintenance, click here.
Call Piper Fire Protection (1-800-327-7604) today,
or fill out our convenient estimate form to hear back from a representative.