Piper has been family owned and operated in the Tampa Bay area since 1986. In these 30 years, our success has been defined by our ability to attract, hire, and retain experienced professionals. We are seeking talented individuals who desire career growth within the fire protection industry. Coming aboard will not only offer valuable work experience, but also the opportunity to grow your education of a trade that will build a lifetime career.
Currently, we have an open position for a service electrician. The primary responsibilities include performing service, repairs, and installations of Electrical Systems.
Job Skills & Duties
- Previous electrical knowledge including, but not limited to, circuit breakers, switches, relays, and adhering to building codes
- Must be able to complete very basic control schematics
- General control knowledge required. Relays, contactors, micro/limit switches, Ansul etc.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with employees, supervisors, and customers both written and verbally
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must possess hand tools- list provided
- Must have valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company requirements
Education and/or experience
- Experienced journeyman electrician
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six years electrical experience
- NICET is a plus
Work Environment/Job Conditions
This position requires frequent walking, standing, bending, and reaching. He/she must be able to navigate the jobsite and must comply with all company safety requirements in the office and on the jobsite. Heavy equipment may be used and he/she needs to be able to lift weighty objects.
- Provide eligible employees with health and dental benefits
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid long term disability
- 401K with company match
- PTO time
- Paid holidays
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Piper Fire Protection, Inc. is an EEO Employer. We select people on the basis of skill, training, ability, attitude, and character without discrimination with regard to age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or a disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.