Fire Alarm Construction Technician
Piper Fire Protection is seeking experienced Fire Alarm Construction Technician
Piper has been family owned and operated in the Tampa Bay area since 1986. In these 30 years, our success has been defined by our ability to attract, hire, and retain experienced professionals. We are seeking talented individuals who desire career growth within the fire protection industry. Coming aboard will not only offer valuable work experience, but also the opportunity to grow your education of a trade that will build a lifetime career.
Currently, we have an open position for a Fire Alarm Technician/Installer. The primary responsibilities are establishing fire/security alarm systems by installing equipment; running and pulling wire; programming equipment; adhere to codes, regulations and standards.
Job Skills & Duties
- Experience with installation, service, testing, troubleshooting and programming of fire alarm systems
- Strong knowledge of fire alarm products, access control and CCTV concepts and products
- Able to work unsupervised and highly self-motivated and detail oriented
- Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and new technologies
- Must have basic tools including hand tools
Education and/or experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years installation experience
- Knowledge of NFPA 72, NFPA 70
Work Environment/Job Conditions
This position requires frequent walking, standing, bending, and reaching. The position requires climbing ladders and scaffolds, as well as the ability to work in excess of 40 feet above the ground. He/she must be able to navigate the jobsite and must comply with all company safety requirements in the office and on the jobsite. Heavy equipment may be used and he/she needs to be able to lift weighty objects up to 50 lbs. above his/her head.
- Provide eligible employees with health and dental benefits
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid long term disability
- 401K with company match
- PTO time
- Paid holidays
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Piper Fire Protection, Inc. is an EEO Employer. We select people on the basis of skill, training, ability, attitude, and character without discrimination with regard to age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or a disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.